Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Preproduction - Test Interviews

We managed to film two volunteer interviews which I have made into a short clip below of bits of them. At the end of the clip I have highlighted some issues and things that could be done better next time.
The reason for doing these interviews despite the fact they will probably not be used in the final films was so that we could bring to light all the issues and fix them for next time, these included location of interview (light, noise, background), framing, style of questioning and questions asked. It was also a way of seeing who comes across well on camera - are they passionate, knowledgeable etc and finding out some general facts about winter at the refuge as this is one of the themes.

I think both the woman we interviewed were good, they have both been there along time so are well aware of the problems the refuge faces and also know about the animals and daily running of the place. They are also both very passionate about what they do and are people and audience could easily find likeable as they both come across as being very warm and caring people so I would like to interview them again in more detail for the final film.





No comments:

Post a Comment